Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sharing the Wins

It has been a big week! I've had a few minor mental hurdles that occupied a bit of my headspace, but I'm so pleased I managed to jump over them much easier than I previously would have thought possible. The negatives always seem to take up more time than the positives, so to balance it out I'm devoting this post to my wins for the week...and there have been a few, yay!

Win 1: I was able to up the weights I'm capable of on most machines at the gym. This is the third time in 3 weeks that I've been able to see noticeable improvement of my strength.

Win 2: The last couple of weeks when I walk with the boys in the pram, I try and jog from one telegraph pole to the next, 2 or 3 times during the walk. This week I reached the next telegraph pole and thought 'hey I'm not too puffed, I can keep going!' and jogged from one street to the next street. I did that 3 times during the walk. Baby steps, but a big sign for me that I'm heading in the right direction and making progress. And I can't let myself forget that not only did I do that, I did it pushing 40kgs of pram and children too!



Win 3: I've had a pair of brand new jeans in the wardrobe for months now, I bought them in my usual size without trying on, but when I got home they were a lot smaller than the other ones and I could only get them half way up my hips. This morning I couldn't find my comfy jeans so thought I'd try them on...they fit! Ok, so I have a little bit of a muffin top, but nothing a pair of control pants didn't fix ;)

Win 4: I went out with the family for breakfast at my favourite cafe, skipped the (oh so yummy) bread and ordered something within my calorie allowance and had a herbal tea instead of juice or an iced chocolate. And didn't miss a single thing, thoroughly enjoyed my meal without wishing I could have ordered something else, or looking at everyone else's plate feeling ripped off.

Win 5: I BOOKED MY TICKET TO SYDNEY!! I'm flying to Sydney on my birthday to attend the Round 3 12WBT Finale group workout and party! So so excited, and it gives me a little boost to put in all the hard work I can muster so I can celebrate some fabulous achievements and meet some wonderful ladies on the night that I've been chatting to online and have been so supportive.

Week 4 begins tomorrow, time is flying and I'm starting to tangibly see some results. I never thought this would be something I would ever say...but I'm looking forward to the Week 4 Fitness Test. Yes, you did read that right! Watch this space on Saturday for the results :)

Kylie x

No comments:

Post a Comment