Sunday, September 9, 2012

A New Beginning - NO EXCUSES

I have started, scrapped and re-started this blog site several times now, I've never had the time or discipline to stick with it. But this is the start of a new me and I feel I have to record and share my progress. The time and discipline excuses are just that...excuses, and I will make time to post regularly.

Ten weeks ago I signed up on a whim to the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation. My weight has been an issue my entire life, I was the chubby baby, roly toddler, was always told I'd lose the 'puppy fat' as I got older...I never did, and am now an obese mother of two. A couple of friends had some really good results in Round 2 2012, and I signed up mostly because I thought it was something I should do, rather than something I really wanted to do. An unhealthy mama who eats too much and never exercises is not the kind of role model I want my boys growing up around, but at the same time I was loving my life and my weight was not holding me back from anything...yet.

So here I was, I'd paid my money, was already in the back of my mind doubting that I'd even do it...and then Pre-season kicked off and Michelle's video's started coming at me twice a week. Wow! The strange thing was, there wasn't a lot that I hadn't already heard before (me and diets go way back!), but there was something in each and every clip that really resonated with me and got my mind working, thinking, ticking things over. Towards the last few weeks of Pre-season I'd already decided to let go of my 'I'm waiting for the program to start' excuse, and started making some changes. By the time the official 12 weeks started I'd already lost 1.4kgs and was so determined, focused and committed to seeing this through - not just to the end of the 12 weeks, but to get rid of a whopping 44kgs forever.




Now my commitment is out there! I will lose this weight and get myself into a healthy weight range. I will set a good example for my boys about healthy eating and exercise. I will be able to run around the park with them without the earth shaking in its boots. I will give myself the best opportunity to live a long and healthy life in order to see them and their children grow up, whilst myself and my husband grow old and wrinkly together. I will do this so that my husband no longer has to worry about me. I will do this for me.

I am also committing to updating this blog regularly, starting...now! To share successes and setbacks, and to share not only this journey, but bits and pieces of the rest of my life too - all of the things that make me ME!

I hope you will join me :)

Kyles x

1 comment: