Thursday, September 13, 2012

Here we go again - Toilet Training!

Life would be so much easier if kids just woke up one morning and taa daa, toilet trained. Mini Man #1 who is turning 3 next month was almost toilet trained a few months ago, I was jumping for joy and patting myself on the back for getting it done on the second attempt...then we went on holidays and not only did he regress, he point blank refused to go anywhere near a toilet when we got home. Oh well, no big deal, my philosophy has been that he will get it when he gets it, no pushing or pressuring, follow his lead. But I will admit it was a bit disappointing after putting all that work in. So I decided to just leave it, wait for the warmer weather and then see if he was more open to the idea then.

Out of the blue this morning, he told me he doesn't want to wear a nappy or undies, he just wants to wear no pants and do his wees on the toilet (I have no idea how he's not covered in goosebumps!). And he hasn't had an accident yet today. This should be a good thing, I should be happy...child is ready, parent is not! Oh well, I best go stock up on paper towel and disinfectant, here we go again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment