Tuesday, September 25, 2012

12WBT - Week 4, Measurements, Mini Milestones & Fitness Tests

I've made it through week 4 of the 12WBT with just as much enthusiasm and determination as when I started. Wow! Week 4 is also mini milestones and measurements week and the first repeat of the fitness test I did at the start of the program. 

Measurements: In 4 weeks I have 'only' lost 3.4kgs, and I used the word 'only' because I am a serial dieter, and I have never dropped weight this slowly at the start of a program before ever...but I have also never exercised and toned at the same time! So, I've only lost 3.4kgs, but I was amazed to do my measurements and see that I have lost an amazing 32.7cms off my entire body!!! That's more than a school ruler of fat gone! The most was from my hips where I dropped 11cms. I'm still in a state of happy disbelief.

Mini Milestones: My week 4 mini milestone was to step outside my comfort zone. I hadn't really planned how I was going to do that, but when I saw a friend post on Facebook on Thursday afternoon looking for someone to fill in at a netball game, I knew that was my opportunity! I have not played team sports since high school phys ed class, and even then it was only because I had to. At my weight, the thought of running around with spectators watching sent chills down my spine, but I put myself out there, gave it a go and had a surprisingly good time. I even scored a goal!

Fitness Tests: This is just going to be an out and out brag - I took 1 minute and 31 seconds off my previous time trial time! Speechless. It's only been 4 weeks! I managed to run non stop from one set of goals around the oval to the other set of goals...may seem like nothing but it's a huge achievement for me. My push ups test wasn't all that accurate, as when I started going to the gym I realised I'd been cheating in the push ups for the first test, but I can tell I've improved so that's all that matters. I was still a zero for abdominal strength, but 4 weeks ago I was an absolute 0, this time I was about a fingernail away from being in category 1, big improvement! My flexibility has improved by a huge 12cms, I can now stretch 20cms past my toes and I also improved my wall sit time, although that still kills my knees to do, so I can't do it very long.

All in all, a great confidence booster of a week. Looking forward to week 5 weigh in day tomorrow, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment